Friday, January 11, 2013

No More Excuses



Today I was on my way to a fitness challenge at Lorna Jane and I had some time to think. I started thinking about the changes that I have made over the last year. In retrospect, I made a LOT of excuses as to why I was the way I was and more importantly, why I couldn't change. I used the excuse of busyness...or lack on funds...or being too busy...or that I just simply couldn't do it! I was trapped and defeated by my own negative self talk. I "couldn't," "wouldn't" and DIDN'T make the necessary changes until I was ready! I thank God for that day, everyday!

I don't know where you are at in your journey. All I do know is that, once you stop making excuses for the things you don't like about yourself, you will truly be liberated and able to regain control of your life. Don't allow your past, or your bad habits, or hurts, or insecurities get in the way of the person you were/are intended to be. Stop building your house of failure. Take a good long look and ask yourself if you are where you want to be. If the answer if no, think about the excuses you've been making. Decide if your goals and dreams are really important to you. If they are, make a commitment and TRULY hold yourself accountable. Find someone you can confide in and ask them to hold you accountable, too. The first step is always the hardest, but is potentially life changing.....but you have to make that choice!

It's your move. What will you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment